Chris was making great progress then we realized we might have gone off of the art direction the product needed. After surveying a few backers we confirmed it and we reset back to an earlier draft he had. This is our current direction:
And here’s how he’s refined some of the scroll work:
In order to be able to efficiently deliver these to you all I needed to turn half of my garage into a workspace. That included getting some electrical work, venting, storage, and work tables. That’s coming along swiftly. The general contractor is almost finished with the electrical work and will be installing the venting today.
- Boxes – They have arrived!
- Leather – it’s been purchased and is arriving Friday
- Vials – Purchased and shipped
- Dice Status – Since I was unable to purchase the volume I needed from Chessex (my prototype dice supplier) I had to go find another manufacturer. In order to make sure I get the color’s matching the prototype dice as closely as possible I have to wait for them to do a color sample run and mail that to me. With their lead times and current schedule that means it will be 45-60 days before I have the dice. This is all expected, and is why I have given myself as much time as possible so that I can get the dice correct.
- Keyrings – Arriving Saturday
Geek and Sundry Partnership
It has been a joy to be featured and to work with Geek and Sundry this last two weeks. They have really helped to get the word out there about Dice Bottles and I’m excited to keep working with them in the future for other kits that I make.
In case you missed it, here are their shoutouts:
- Geek & Sundry Tweet #1
- Geek & Sundry Article
- Dani Carr Tweet
- Kelly Lynne Tweet
- Geek & Sundry Tweet #2
Most have finished their surveys, and there’s still time before the deadline of next week.
Also, it seems there’s a very clear favorite when it comes to finishes. I personally thought it would be a closer split, but the people have spoken and here are the current numbers from kickstarter backers:
- Finalize art
- Stain and clear coat boxes
- Laser engrave boxes
- More, always more 🙂